Safety Planning with Older Women Experiencing Violence
Source: Elder Abuse Prevention Ontario
This webinar provided an overview of violence against older women and safety planning. Faciliators from WomanACT, showcased their new tools and resources, inlcuding the micro-lessons that provide on-the-job training opportunities for practitioners working with older women experiencing violence.
Individuals gained better understanding of :
- Identifying different considerations for safety planning with older women experiencing violence.
- How to apply a trauma-informed and client-centred approach to safety planning with older women experiencing violence.
- A saftey planning guide to older women for supporting older women experiencing violence
- Approaches for prompting a conversation with a survivor about their options.
- Safety planning templates
- Resource map to support systems navigation
Topics: Diversity/Cultural Competency, Domestic Violence in Later Life, Overview/General
Intended Use: Self-directed Learning
Audience: Advocates, Caregivers, Community
Level: Basic, Intermediate